Saturday, July 31, 2010

Book Report:The Richest Man in Babylon

It's time for another book report!

Each week (right now it's scheduled for Saturdays) I will post about a book that I've recently read, embellishing with a summary (without giving away the enjoyment of reading the book) and my point of view on it (good or bad). I'm not a publisher, an editor, or a writer (besides on this blog), just a reader, so take my opinion how you like and definitely form your own as well. But who knows, maybe you'll want to read these books too!

The Richest Man in Babylon
Author: George S. Clason


Summary:
This book is a collection of Babylonian parables that explains tips and money management knowledge through different events that the characters experience through their lives and how they handle them.


My Take:

I actually had to read this book for work (my day job). After reading it, I really understood the value. It's a difficult read at first, but once you get into it, you'll learn a lot about money managing. It's the type of book that tells you the money tips you should know, but maybe don't actually perform. It also gives you different perspectives on how money management can help you attain the life you desire. If you're interested in learning more about success and money, this is would be a good read for you-but you'll have to get used to the language used, it's written "in language as simple as the Bible" which seems like a huge oxymoron to me.

Enjoy!

Rachel May