Sunday, January 25, 2009

Positively Shameful

Okay, time for me to fess up. I've been lazy. REALLY lazy. I was just reading other people's blogs, the panopticon, actually (http://www.the-panopticon.blogspot.com/ check out his book, too...I really want it, knitting humor "It Itches") and Franklin posted a blog about these beautiful socks that he made.
SOCKS. I think I started knitting socks 50 bajillion years ago. They were supposed to be a Christmas gift for the boy, but I only finished one of them-I wrapped it with the other sock in progress and gave him that for Christmas. There's a lovely pic of the boy's cold foot, with only one sock to warm it up! Note: He may have been sleeping when I took that pic.Folks, I STILL haven't finished the second sock. I have photographic proof of my laziness. Oh, and the icing on the cake is that I pulled one of the needles out when I was going to take a picture of the second sock in progress, so I can try to pick up stitches or start over....completely...urg

I feel so guilty! I was going to surprise the boy with the socks when I got back from Montana...I had plenty of time...but nope, I was lazy there too. I had a great excuse at the start of the sock action. It took me a week to knit the sock, and I stayed up late, worked on it for hours straight, took it with me wherever I went, etc. I was in the middle of finishing school, graduating and attending to visiting family, and handmaking Christmas presents, as well as working two jobs.

And I still finished one sock. Now I have no school, no work (still....sad), and I spent all day yesterday playing Sims 2(which was fun, but not productive).

I'm posting this to hold myself accountable. I need to start getting crap done.Lets not even talk about the blue-scarf-of-doom.





Rachel May