Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Design File: My Living Room (June Progress)


Here's what my living room looks like now! There are still a lot of things that I would like to change, but the space will keep evolving as I invest time and money into it.

I think this room went from an 8x8 jail cell to a lovely space. We use it all of the time-whether it be reading, crafting and for having guests over.

Changes:
1. I moved the chair out of the space-I have other intentions for the space that the chair just doesn't suit. Eventually we will get there, but at least right now we gained some space in the room.

2. The couch was slipcovered, by me! I used canvas dropcloths at Lowe's, pinned them all over the couch, and sewed away! It took me a day for the main body of the slipcover, and I'm still working on the cushions (procrastination!). It looks SO much better.


3. I added a quilt wall. This wasn't really intentional for the room, but I like it. It adds a punch of color to the space and it's totally functional. I think I'll come up with a nicer way to hang it and keep it there.


4. The gray curtains were changed out for some semi-sheer ones. This really brightened up the space, and in such a small room, you need all the sunshine you can get! I've relocated the gray curtains to the other side of the room, blocking the studio space from view.

Hope you like it so far!

Enjoy!
Rachel May