Monday, September 28, 2009

Salsa!


We made some wonderful salsa this summer. I'm not much of a cook, but sometimes I just want to feel cute and look like I know what I'm doing in the kitchen (Note: my salsa does not require cooking whatsoever...just chopping and the use of the blender). The great thing about making salsa is that you can have all of these great ingredients out, be chopping away, and it looks really advanced-it's totally an excuse to wear an apron.



I'm sure there are better recipes out there, but this is how I made it:

Salsa!
3-4ish Red tomatoes
2 Green tomatoes
1 Red onion
2 Jalapeno peppers
salt
pepper
cilantro
(we got our ingredients at our local farmer's market-you will not get great tasting tomatoes like these at a store!)

Chop up all ingredients and add salt and pepper until it's to your liking. There's no exact science in this recipe.



When boyfriend comes into the kitchen and complains about the consistency of your chopping-throw it in the blender and ask him if that's to his liking:)

Dump in jar, refrigerate and consume later, if you can wait that long.

Enjoy!
Rachel May