Sunday, September 27, 2009

The New Place: Our Pantry

I love our new house. I hope to be able to truly make it a handmade home and to document that through this blog. It has SO much potential.

My only major issue with this house so far (I say so far because who knows what this winter will be like) is that apparently, 100 years ago when this house was built, there was no need for closets. None.

Where did they put all of their stuff, I ask you? They must have been minimalists in the early 1900s.

For the first edition of Our New Place, I give you: Our Pantry.

The first thing we needed in this house was a pantry. Food storage was our priority.



The boy doesn't like for me to use the saw-it makes him nervous (who knew?), so he cut the pieces and I drilled and started the screws for the makeshift bracket pieces.


The boy and I are in the midst of changing our entire diet, and this pantry doesn't really do it justice, but I wanted to get some pictures of the new house up asap. Once this pantry is looking more "interior design magazine" ready, I will repost the pantry pictures.

I would love to get pretty canisters for our food items. Wouldn't it be fun to add cute handmade labels to them? I might have to try that soon.

Enjoy!
Rachel May