Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Back to School



I love fall. My favorite part is that it is all about change. It's about each day being different than the last. It helps to break me out of my funks and repetitive routines.

I also love that with fall, comes school-freshly sharpened pencils, whiter-than-they'll-ever-be-again shoes, books. Ahh..I just love it. But I also love crafts. What could be better than marrying these two ideas?

I'm not in school anymore, but some of my friends are still in college-so I decided to make a very special friend a gift! I was really excited about this.

This gift was sent out just last week, so I wasn't allowed to post it until the lucky girl received it!
This special friend received two sandwich bag pouches, with velcro closures for ultimate re-use and hand embroidered apple details. But no gift is complete without a lovely handmade card-so I made one of those to match.


Finally on the ball with something, I couldn't have been more proud. I hope she enjoys it as much as I did making it for her (I may have debated whether or not to send the gift or to keep it-only to test it out indefinitely, though).

Rachel May