Monday, September 14, 2009

One Day at a Time

Yesterday I had one of those days again. It all started with a call around 4am (which woke me up, night owl I am not). The car had broken down and the boy was stuck at a friend's for the night-or so I thought. He rolled in around 5-they gave him a ride home. My poor car is in desperate need of repair. I took it in a while ago to see what was going wrong and the mechanic told me everything was alright, but I knew better. So I waited until now, when it's broken down somewhere and now I suppose I will be needing to get it towed-yuck.

I wasn't too worried about the car, surprisingly enough. I knew it was coming, I was sort of mentally prepared. But I woke up later that morning and realized there was no coffee-still ok, I have tea. I start heating water for tea and cleaning the kitchen. While attempting to rinse my french press, I broke it. Completely shattered the glass beaker. Awesome.

Later I'm unloading the dishwasher and *the boy had loaded it for washing* a steak knife standing sharp side up decides to attack the palm of my hand. Now I'm getting ticked.

There's also another issue I've been dealing with regarding student loans, so that stress isn't helping either. But today is a new day. I stayed up late last night cleaning, reading my magazine, figuring out dinner plans, writing down ideas for the website, and doing laundry. This morning I got up (a little later than planned, but not too late) and went for a run, which I haven't done in over a month, but not before throwing some clothes in the dryer. That really helped jumpstart my day. I followed up with a relaxing shower (you don't appreciate showers until you feel really gross, am I right?) with time to spare for blogging.

The buzzer just went off. Time to fold laundry, eat a banana, and head off to work!

What do you do when you're stressed out?

Rachel May