Friday, September 3, 2010

TGIF

This has been a long couple of weeks, and this poor blog has been shoved aside in the meantime. I'm just so glad it's Friday, I can't say it enough! I hope to get back on track this weekend and start sharing with you one of my newer endeavors...home staging.

I don't think I've addressed my day job on the blog too much, probably because I'm there all day and my blog is what I do on the weekends and in the evenings. I'm the office coordinator for a house-flipping company called HomeVestors (the We Buy Ugly Houses company). It's a challenging job, but it mainly demands that I sit at a desk all day answering phones and emails (or at least that's how it feels sometimes). I've been there over a year now, and it's taught me SO MUCH about homes-not just making them beautiful (which college taught me) but the entire process of purchasing, remodeling, marketing and selling them. I can't believe how much knowledge I've gained from my position. With that being said, I dearly miss designing!

I have a pretty cool boss that sees my interior design potential and wants to help nurture that. He started a company for him, me and a third partner (she's also education in interior design). I won't get into the personal details, but basically my partner Pat and I do the staging and my boss is our built-in client. I'm kind of still letting this sink in, I mean I'm part owner of a company now (but I still have to keep in mind that I'm full owner of another company too...)!

I've taken pictures of some staging I've done lately and I have some images of staging that my partner has done as well and I'm going to start posting those soon...sharing another part of my life with you readers. Hope you like it!

Rachel May