Saturday, March 27, 2010

Do we dare set April goals? Absolutely!

Although I'm not so proud of my progress with my February goals, I think one of the best things to do is to try again. I am a big believer in goals, so here it goes- my goals for April (you will notice I skipped March, I was on an unintentional blog hiatus).

April Goals


Personal: No candy.
My dentist would be so proud. This is going to be one of the most difficult personal goals I have ever set for myself. I have no idea if I can do it. Not to mention, I have a dish full of chocolates sitting on my desk every day at work and I'm a total sugar addict. I will have to resort to candy substitutes-dried fruit, regular fruit, etc, and I will have to deal. For one entire month. This blog might get a little stressful (Note: this, for me, is the equivalent to some people quitting smoking...cold turkey).

Home: One room at a time.
There are many things I want to do with our cute little rental house, but I do have limited time and funds. I want to truly design our space (I say "our" because it's me, boyfriend, and our roommate living here) and make it into something lovely. For April, my goal will be to pick one room, decide on what items need addressing, and to complete them by the end of the month.

Business: Networking.
I want to be better at it, and I love meeting new people, so here's a goal. I'm starting a card club, and you're invited. The members will determine how the club is directed, right now it's in the beginning stages. If you're into Christmas stampin' all year long, this is just like that-it was my inspiration, actually.

Here are the details:
1. Each member is required to create one card every other week, following the guidelines given. I will start with posting a blog containing the first set of requirements as well as my card. The requirements can be anything: has to have blue on it, must be larger than 4 x 5.5 in size, designed from an inspirational photo, etc.
2. Whoever writes the guidelines for that week tags another person-there doesn't have to be any order in who you tag. If you are participating, please comment so we can add you to the tag list!
3. You will have two weeks to complete your card. If you are tagged to write requirements, please have the requirements ready by the end of the two weeks, so everyone has ample time to make their cards.
4. Send your pictures to the person writing requirements-that way they can post it in their blog. This part might get confusing-we can work this out once we get started. The group will decide-do we want this on one main blog? Do we want it to jump to each person's blog? Do we want everyone to post all the cards every two weeks? We will need to make some decisions.

I will post the first week's requirements starting tomorrow morning, Sunday March 28, 2010. More details to follow. Oh and if you think of a cool name for the club, send me a comment. I'd love to hear your ideas!

Rachel May