Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween!


How was your Halloween? Mine was just dandy. Boyfriend and I went for a walk in the morning and found a lovely breakfast diner/cafe and enjoyed a delicious and inexpensive breakfast. After that, we ventured to a cigar shop (for the boy) and to a thrift store (for me). The thrift store was filled with goodies-and we walked out with two Halloween costumes, a book and a magazine for a whopping $3.97.

I can't wait to go back and look through the books again-I've been on a reading binge for awhile now. I just finished Jemima Jones by Jane Green and now I'm reading The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath. My reading interests range widely, obviously.

Halloween was nice-we had a few trick-or-treaters before we left for our costume party, and I made some Tortilla soup for dinner beforehand that turned out delicious.

Unfortunately, we still have two uncarved pumpkins sitting in our living room, which I plan to plunder today for seeds-my favorite part. We were a little behind on the spirit of Halloween, but for good reason-lots of work to do (for me) and homework (for the boy). But I also just got back from a trip to Baltimore and DC! I will posts pics very soon, I promise.

As for today, Sunday is catch-up day, so I'm cooking, cleaning, and of course reading and watching movies (got to catch up on entertainment as well, of course!). After the delicious tortilla soup, I'm back in cooking mode, so I made some yummy delicata squash (pictured), and roasted the seeds. So delicious!

I hope you had a fantastic weekend! Is anyone else freaked out by how quickly Christmas is coming? I've got to get my gifts started!


Rachel May