Monday, May 25, 2009

Perfect Summer

I don't know about you, but my summer has been moving along beautifully. I've just had a few of those perfect days. Those days when you and your significant other fall in love all over again, where you ignore the dirty dishes and piles of laundry and go for a walk, the days when everything just seems right. It's cloudy today, and probably going to rain, but I'm going to call it another perfect day0because the rain smells nice, and the plants outside look amazing after a nice shower.

I've been working out a lot since March (okay, in March I wasn't doing a whole lot), but now I'm running around 2 miles every other day or so, and it feels so empowering. I was never a workout type of person before, so now I'm really trying to make it my lifestyle, and I like it. I like the "me-time" I get while running, listening to my own music, reflecting on the day, trying to run farther, be faster, etc. It's been really enjoyable.

This weekend I cleaned off our balcony, so hopefuly I can get something interesting up-and-running for summer. The boy and I have big plans for a garden on our balcony, so maybe that's something we can do next weekend. I also have a birthday coming up, and I'm pretty excited about that.

What's new with you?

Rachel May