Monday, December 15, 2008

Citrus


Maybe I'm subconsciously battling the winter, I don't know. But I had to paint these two pictures, of an apple and an orange (or grapefruit, it's kinda pinkish) for my kitchen. I've decided that in all my anal-orderliness, I want a mismatched kitchen. Doesn't seem to make sense, but I like it. I like having matchy-matchy stuff, but when a dish gets broken, I don't want to immediate think-OMG where did I buy that? Do they still have that color? What if they DONT! Then the set will be uneven...oh no oh no!
For my sanity, I'm going with as many bright and mismatched colors as possible. It's going to be awesome. This all started when I wanted to crochet or knit something, and didn't want to have a big project, but something that could be accomplished semi-quickly. That resulted in bright blue and green and yellow dishcloths, and I love them.
I'm thinking the refrigerator needs something, like cool magnets. I should make some of those, but they will have to wait. I've got lots of gifts for Christmas to be working on, including a second sock....which I've totally started, and I'm in the 2x2 ribbing as we speak....hopefully I'm to the plain knitting by tonight....I need to see progress. The boy came home with my Christmas gift tonight, and I feel guilty not having his done....so I will try to kick butt on that tonight, among the other things that need to get done around here.
Hope all is well for everyone!
Rachel May