Saturday, April 3, 2010

I must have been French in a past life

If there's one thing I love, it's homemade baked goods. I made my own french bread the other day and it was amazing! It takes forever to make, but I strongly suggest you buy this book: Artisan Bread Everyday (that's where I got the recipe) and use it.

Here's the very basic rundown (I don't have permission to give you the recipe, you can buy the book for that):

You make the dough and stick it in the refrigerator:


You take it out, preheat the oven, and shape the dough,


and you bake it.


(this all takes days, btw-you refrigerate overnight, set out for two hours, cook for an hour, etc. etc. and it's gone in 15 minutes)

One of these days, I will be one of those people that only eats homemade bread. Until then, every once in a great while, I will make some to counterbalance the store-bought stuff.

Enjoy!

Rachel May