Friday, March 20, 2009

If I could have anything...

I would want my own house to fix up, a boston terrier, and a mini cooper if I had all the money in the world. I've wanted a dog for so long, but I really need to be in a position where I can afford a dog money-wise as well as spend time with it. I don't know what my infatuation is with Mini Coopers, but I just LOVE them....they're not too functional for my future needs, but are they not the cutest car ever? I would travel all over in my Mini....if I could afford one.

But a house. I have a goal to save up and buy a cheap, run-down house, live in it and fix it up on my own-or with help from the boy. Last time I mentioned buying a house to the boy, he said he would much rather be putting our funds towards a house than wasting it on renting an apartment-at least we'd get something in the end with a house. I was so happy to hear that, and I'm starting to save. I got my first paycheck from work yesterday and I stayed up late budgeting my money, figuring out how much exactly I could scrimp and save. I can't wait to be a homeowner! But the sad thing is that now is the time to buy, and I wont have the funds for a while. I want to be really smart about buying a home, so I want to make sure to do my research and save at least 20% of the home's value, as well as some money for fixing it up.

On another note, I keep going in spurts for wanting to design our apt and for ignoring it. I never realized how expensive a couch was, holy cats! I will have to bargain shop and find a good one. I really like my couch, and it was free-so the price was right, but I want a smaller more modern one. I think it would suit our space and tastes better.

Anyhow, I'd better go. I'm doing some grocery shopping tonight and I need to start eating healthier-I've been eating junk all week.

Until next time,
Rachel May